SHERA Public Company Limited
12 May 2020
Shera Public Company Limited and its affiliates (“Company”) attach great importance in protecting and respecting your privacy rights which exist in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019) and its revised version as it will be revised from time to time and other applicable laws and regulations (“Personal Data Protection Act”) in force in Thailand and aims to protect your personal information that the Company collects, uses, and discloses for the Company’s operations. The Company has the obligations set forth in the protection of personal data, privacy, or data security that are applicable and in force in Thailand. The preparation of this policy is part of the Company’s efforts to achieve the policy objectives and perform its duties in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act as mentioned.
- Company refers to Shera Public Company Limited and its affiliates.
- Affiliates refers to Olympic Tiles Thailand Co., Ltd., Shera Building Solution Philippines Corp., PT Shera Building Solution Indonesia, Shera Vietnam Company Limited, Shera Myanmar Company Limited, Shera Building Solutions India Private Limited, and Mahaphant India Private Limited including any company, joint venture, or business entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled, or is under common control of Shera Public Company Limited, whether for benefit or by registration evidence, whether within or outside the country, which existed during the preparation of this document or established in the future, including any persons acting on behalf of such company.
- Personal information refers to information that can identify that person or link to that person, either directly or indirectly. If a person’s identity can be differentiated or can be traced, either alone or in combination with other information, this is personal information.
- Sensitive Personal Information refers to information as set forth in Article 26 of the Personal Data Protection Act and its revised version as amended from time to time and other applicable laws and regulations, including personal information about race, ethnicity, political opinion, religion or philosophy, sexual behavior, criminal history, health information, disability, trade union information, genetic information, biological information, or any other information that affects the owner of such personal information in a similar manner.
- Data processing refers to the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information.
- Personal Data Controller refers to a person or entity with authority to make decisions about the collection, use or disclosure of personal data.
- Personal data processor refers to a person or juristic person who acts in connection with the collection, use, or disclosure of personal data on the order or on behalf of the data controller. However, the person or juristic person who takes the mentioned actions is not a personal data controller.
- This policy applies to “Personal Information” that is collected from and related to each of the following individuals and is available to customers, potential customers, former customers, individuals acting on behalf of customers, and any other person involved from whom the Company may collect personal information from time to time. The means for collecting personal data include, but are not limited to, documents, but also on the Company’s website or any mobile applications provided by the Company and the third-party channels through which you provide your personal information.
- This Policy does not constitute an integral part of any contract or agreement, except to the extent that the Company expressly states that it is an integral part of the contract or agreement.
What types of information the Company collects from you.
The Company collects “Personal Data” to the extent reasonably necessary for the conduct of the Company’s activities. The personal information the Company collects includes the following information.
- Information regarding
- Customers, potential customers, and clients of venue providers, events, or exhibitions in which the Company participates, including customers of distributors.
- Exhibitors, visitors, and organizers of exhibitions, events, or customer’s exhibitions and other persons registered to attend such events or other activities or registered on the Website or mobile applications provided or managed by any company, including its affiliates or any related company that collects personal information on its behalf. (Collectively referred to as “Customers and Visitors”) and
- Information about the officers, employees, and other representatives of customers with whom the Company interacts. (Collectively referred to as “Representatives”)
The types of personal data the Company may collect will depend on the nature of its activities with the Company and where and how it is collected, which may include the following:
- Personally, identifiable information such as your name, surname, address, ID number, passport number, telephone number, email address, postal address, and other contact details, date of birth, gender, age, nationality, occupation, marital status, and information about your dependents, biometric data such as face images, fingerprints, and recorded sounds.
- Details about the purchase, purchase order, or use of the Company’s services by you.
- Payment information such as bank account number, bank account details, billing, credit or debit card information, credit or debit card number, including cardholder’s name (if applicable).
- In cases where you use the Company’s website or application intended for any mobile device, the Company may collect technical data such as IP addresses and cookies, and for the application the Company may collect location data and the mobile device you use.
- Third-party personal data you provide to the Company in connection with the purchase, order, or use of the Company’s products and/or services or for customer referrals.
Providing personal information is on a voluntary basis. You may choose not to provide us with the information we request, but not providing such information may result in the Company being unable to provide you with certain products or services.
Some of the information the Company collects may be regarded as “sensitive information.” The Company intends to collect sensitive information from you only if you have given your explicit consent and to the extent reasonably necessary to operate the Company or in cases where the law or court or government agency has ordered the collection of that information or in the event that you have intentionally disclosed that information to the public only. The Company intends to share sensitive information only if the Company deems it necessary to collect, use, or disclose that information for the following purposes:
- To prevent or suppress harm to the life, body, or health of individuals for which the owner of the personal information is unable to give consent for any reason.
- To carry out legitimate activities with the appropriate protection of a foundation, association, or non-profit organization with political, religious, philosophical, or trade union purposes to its members.
- As it is public information with your explicit consent.
- To establish a statutory claim, the performance or exercise of a statutory claim, or to raise a statutory claim.
- For the need to comply with the law in order to achieve the objectives relating to scientific, historical, or statistical research, or other important public interest.
How does the company collect your personal information?
Generally, the Company collects personal information from you directly, such as when you attend an event organized by the Company and provide your personal information to the Company, or send an e-mail or letter to the Company, telephone the Company, or visit the Company, contact the Company, request for a quote, or request for information, provide feedback online, or register or provide contact information for other activities via the website or mobile applications that the company or any related company made or provided. (Collectively referred to as “Website”)
From time to time, other people may provide your personal information to the Company, where you may or may not be directly involved in such cases, for example, the Company may collect your personal information from:
- Your employer if they provide your contact information.
- Hotels or other venue providers or their representatives.
- Organizations which you are a member of.
- Contractors, sellers of goods or services, or suppliers of goods or services, and distributors.
- Your representative.
- Publicly available sources of information either by the private sector, any trade association, and/or government agency (such as websites); or
- Public and commercial mailing and marketing contact lists.
How the Company uses your personal information.
The Company collects personal information of its customers and visitors and representatives in order for the Company to operate its business, whereby the Company will use the personal information of customers and visitors and representatives for purposes such as the following:
- For use in communication, to get acquainted with customers, to verify your identity, to verify the accuracy of any information you provide to the Company.
- To offer, sell, provide, administer, operate, follow procedures, and manage the Company’s products and/or services to you, and to contact you to accept your order and deliver products according to your order or provide services to you.
- For the performance of a contract or for the entry into a contract between you and the Company, to perform the procedures, manage, fulfill and effect the request or transaction described in this document or any other documents that you may send to us from time to time to analyze any risks that may be present to the Company’s business operations, collection of outstanding payments from you, rectification or termination of contracts, debt collection, enforcing a lawsuit related to the Company’s products or services.
- To provide products and/or services of the Company to customers, including for providing warranty services, installation, repair of products, giving advice or consultation, providing knowledge about the products and/or services of the Company.
- To improve and develop the Company’s products and services.
- To provide support or assistance in the procurement of the Company’s products and/or services when you have questions.
- To obtain goods and/or services, to exercise any rights under the contract you have with the Company or to obtain information about products and/or services.
- To be used for processing payment information, invoicing, billing or payment, order confirmation as well as accounting purposes and accounting management, and auditing of the Company.
- For investigation, prevention, or action relating to violations of the law, preventing risks in the event that there is a reasonable suspicion of fraud, money laundering, cases affecting national security, unlawful cases, or has reasonable grounds to believe that the act is unlawful or a case that may affect the safety of another person’s life, health, or body.
- For the security of the Company.
- To assist the Company in its business operations, such as for other communications, to improve and develop products or services, to provide training or to conduct statistical analysis or market analysis, and to conduct consumer surveys to manage information systems, and test, develop, and maintain systems and control measures to ensure safety.
- For the purposes of corporate restructuring and corporate transactions, as a result of which your personal data may be transferred or disclosed as part of a purchase or sale of a business or as part of an offer to buy or sell the business of our organization.
- For regulatory compliance and Company business audits (both internal and external audits).
- In order to operate in accordance with the requirements under the Company’s internal policy which it adheres to.
- For the purpose of storing, saving, backing up, or destroying personal data.
- To operate in accordance with the requirements of any applicable law, rule, regulation, agreement, or policy established by a government regulator, law enforcement agency, government agencies, a dispute resolution authority, or any entity governing the business of the Company.
- To assist for the purposes of law enforcement, investigations by us or on our behalf by the police or by other government agencies or regulatory authorities in any country or territory, and the purpose of reporting under the duties and other requirements specified by the law or as agreed upon by any government agency or other regulatory authority in any country or territory.
- For quality and training purposes when recording our communications.
- For general management operations related to the above purposes; and
- For any other necessary actions directly related to any of the above purposes.
If the Company collects your personal information for any other purpose, the Company intends to inform you of that purpose at the time the Company collects that information.
Under what circumstances and how the Company will disclose your personal information to others.
The Company does not sell personal information, but we may share personal information with third parties in an anonymized or aggregated manner where the person who owns the personal information cannot be identified or known.
The Company aims for the disclosure of personal data to be limited solely for the purposes for which it was originally collected or for related purposes only for the Company’s business operations and administration. This includes in cases where disclosure is required to provide you with the products or services you request, to assist the Company in its operation, or for security reasons as detailed above.
In addition, from time to time, the Company may disclose your personal information to external entities for the same purposes for which it was collected or for related purposes such as where disclosure is required to provide goods and services, or organize activities for you at your request, to assist the Company in its operations, or for security reasons or to comply with the law.
The Company may provide your personal information to the following persons:
- Affiliated companies, regardless of their location in the world.
- Organizers, public relations officers, and sponsors of an event or exhibition.
- Hotels or other venue providers and their representatives in connection with the event or exhibition.
- Subcontractors, service providers, suppliers and other agents acting on behalf of the Company or being employed by the Company, such as the entity providing goods or services related to events, banking or financial services, internet hosting, applications, Cloud System or data networks, registration services to events, exhibitions, domestic and international travel services, security services, audit services, legal services, insurance services, market research services, e-mail or postal handling services, representatives and agents selling or promoting products and/or services on behalf of the Company, and auction management services. However, some of these entities may not be located in Thailand, and in that country, there may not be any applicable personal data protection laws or those which exist may not be sufficient nor meet the standards equivalent to the law on personal data protection of Thailand.
- Bank or financial institution, as the case may be.
- Any person to whom you have given your consent to receive your personal data.
- A person who buys or sells or will buy or sell if the Company sells its business or part of its business, merges, or acquires another business or company; and
- Any person or government agency by law, by court order, or any other authority that has the authority to supervise the business of the Company in accordance with the law that requires the Company to disclose personal information or to that government agency.
The Company will collect, use, disclose, and retain your personal information for the duration of the Company’s relationship with you, for example, during the purchase of goods or services of the Company. Upon termination of your relationship with the Company, the Company will continue to retain information about you, including Personal Data, for the period necessary to carry out the above purposes. However, the Company will continue to keep your personal information for no more than 10 years from the termination of the relationship, unless the Company is obliged to keep your personal information for more than 10 years and as permitted by law.
The Company may store personal data on a cloud network where currently the server is located in Singapore. In storing the data, it may be required to be transferred outside of Thailand in accordance with the personal data protection law applicable to your personal data.
When you visit the Company’s website on a page that is accessible to the general public, the servers of the Company’s website will record that visit and store the following information.
- Your IP Address (if described in general terms, it refers to a specific information assigned to your computer when connected to the Internet.)
- Search keywords
- The operating system and internet browser you are using; and
- The information you download (such as web pages or other document files or software) and when it was downloaded.
The above information is for statistical purposes only to help the Company determine the parts of the Company’s website most visited by users of the Company’s website, thereby helping the Company to improve its products and/or services.
If you contact the Company, register via any of the Company’s websites, or e-mail the Company, the Company intends to use your personal information only to perform your request or to respond to your inquiries. In addition, if you have given your consent as required by applicable law, the Company may add your e-mail address to the Company’s mailing contact list. However, you can notify the Company if you no longer wish to receive information about the Company, events, promotions, marketing communications, products and/or services of the Company.
It is important that you prevent others from knowing your password and gaining unauthorized access to your computer. You should always log out if you access the Company’s website via a shared computer.
The Company’s website may contain links to websites operated by third parties and other agencies. In such event, the Company is not the operator of those websites and is not responsible for the practices of the operators of those websites with regard to personal data and data privacy.
In addition, the Company may manage or make available websites or mobile applications for third parties, including managing or making available websites or mobile applications for customers for their exhibitions or events. These websites belong to clients of other companies or third parties and such mobile applications are for exhibitions of clients or other parties only and the Company is not responsible for the practices of such customers and others with regard to data privacy.
To the extent permitted by applicable personal data protection laws, when you use or access any of the Company’s websites or provide personal information to the Company, it will be deemed that
- You have given us your consent to the Company collecting, using, and processing your personal data in accordance with the purposes, methods, and other details stated above (which may change from time to time), unless and until you notify the Company of the withdrawal of such consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by notifying the Company in writing that your wish to withdraw your consent. However, the Company may not be able to process your request where permitted by law; and
- You have given us your consent to disclose or transfer your personal information to third parties and affiliates in accordance with the purposes, methods, and other details as stated above. You may withdraw your consent at any time by notifying the Company in writing that you wish to withdraw your consent.
If applicable personal data protection laws require additional consent, the Company or any third-party service provider will obtain your consent for the collection and use of your personal data at the time it was collected.
You are obliged to provide your personal information to the Company so that the Company can process your request or provide you with the products and/or services you have requested. Refusing to authorize the collection, use, processing, transfer, or disclosure of certain types of personal information as notified or requested by the Company may prevent the Company from performing its legal duties or being unable to do business or transact with you.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time unless required by law. However, such withdrawal of consent will not affect the processing of personal data for which you have lawfully given consent prior to such withdrawal.
- Right to delete or destroy personal data: You have the right to request that the Company delete or destroy your personal data which is in the possession or control of the Company or make it non-personally identifiable.
- Right to transfer data: You have the right to request that the Company transfer your personal data in a readable or general-purpose form with automated tools or devices to another personal data controller. However, this is subject to exceptions as required by law.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information or to request that the Company suspend the use of that personal information. In this regard, the Company will proceed with the request in accordance with the provisions of the relevant law.
- The right to request a temporary suspension of the use of your personal data: You have the right to request that the Company limits the processing of your data whereby the data controller can continue to collect personal data, but can no longer process it unless you have given your consent or it is exempted by the law.
- Right to access information: You have the right to request access and obtain a copy of your personal data; the Company will process your request within 30 days from the date of receipt of the request unless the law stipulates otherwise.
- Right to correct information: You have the right to ask the Company to keep your personal data accurate, complete, and current. However, at every stage of operation, the Company will conduct as many verifications as possible to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Right to complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint with an officer or a supervisory authority on the protection of personal data.
Use of personal data for marketing purposes
In order to provide you with information about products and/or services of SHERA Public Company Limited and its affiliates (“Company”), the Company intends to use the following information about you, namely your first name, last name, age, gender, e-mail address, phone number (this includes a mobile phone number), and the postal code you have provided to us (“Contact details”) for use in the following operations:
- Sending promotional and marketing communications, including direct marketing of the Company’s products and/or services, advice, recommendations, information, and providing knowledge on a wide variety of the Company’s other products and/or services (if applicable), including reward/benefit programs for loyal/privileged customers, and charity/non-profit activities (“Information to be sent to you for marketing purposes”).
- To provide support or assistance in the procurement of the Company’s products and/or services if you have questions.
- For use in advertising, public relations, promotion, marketing activities, other promotional activities, contests, raffles, trade fairs, events, exhibitions, organizing tourism events or seminars, and competitions in which you choose to participate; and
- For use in statistical analysis or market analysis and consumer survey.
As required by law, the Company requires your express consent in order to perform these activities.
The Company wishes to disclose your name and provide your contact details to third parties, including various companies, affiliates, personnel and partners of the Company who provide information to you for marketing purposes, provide call center services or any marketing or research services, organizers, public relations, and marketing event sponsors for processing for the purposes stated above regardless of the country in which such person or entities are located in the world and where such persons or entities located in foreign countries may not have adequate standards for personal data protection or those equivalent to the law on personal data protection of Thailand. The Company provides your name and contact details to these individuals or entities so that they can send you promotional content, including direct marketing communications about products and/or services that such persons or entities may wish to offer to you; however, the Company will not be able to do so if you have not given a consent in writing.
If you do not wish to receive promotional content and any direct marketing communications, you may withdraw your consent free of charge at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
or by using the unsubscribe command from direct marketing messages. Such requests should clearly state the personal information it is in regard to.
I acknowledge and agree that my personal data may be collected, used, and disclosed for marketing-related purposes (including sensitive personal data, if any, and overseas transfers of my personal data) as set forth in the Use of Personal Data for Marketing Purposes clause [above] or [specify link].
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files or text files stored on a computer or an electronic device which you use to save the detailed logs of your internet usage or your browsing behavior. Their duty is to store data and various settings such as your current access status, data on the history of website access and/or application of the Company.
Cookies help the Company to be informed of which part of the Company’s website and/or application you accessed, which helps the Company to understand the nature of your use of the Company’s website and/or application to enable you to use the Company’s website and/or applications with convenience, continuity, and speed and so that the Company can deliver a better service experience and meet your needs.
Saving the primary service setting with a cookie allows you to access the service with the set value each time you use it except in the event that cookies have been deleted which will result in all settings returning to their defaults.
Types of cookies used by the Company
The Company uses the following cookies for the website and/or application of the Company.
Setting and refusing cookies
You can opt out of cookies based on your preferences by setting your browser or privacy settings to stop future collection of information by cookies.
You can delete and reject the collection of cookies by studying the methods specified in each web browser you are using via the following links.
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer
Please note that if you set your browser or privacy preferences by denying the functionality of any cookies or all cookies, certain features of the Company’s website and/or application may not perform as intended, or you may not be able to use some or all functions of the Company’s website and/or applications effectively, including personal preferences setting available through the website and/or the Company’s application.