How to Build A Fence Suitable for Your House
Not just a sign to indicate the territory of your house, a fence is like a window of the house because it is the first part people can see from the outside. Today, we would like to give you some tips about how to design and build a fence.
1. Design: The design of the fence should match the style of the house. If the house is of modern style, the fence should look simple and modern. But if the house is of vintage style, the fence should be curvy or made of wood or wood substitute.
If you want your fence to be secure, it should be the type of fence that can keep people outside from seeing through such as a concrete fence or an opaque wooden fence. But if you live in a place where you do not have to worry about safety, you may use a loose fence such as a metal fence, an alloy fence, or a lath fence, which can help make the atmosphere refreshing and the area around the house well-ventilated.
A solid fence A loose fence
2. Material: The material should match your requirement as much as possible. You may want to consider the following points:
- Wood/wood substitute: Wood or wood substitute is naturally beautiful and can be easily used. It is popular because it can be designed to match the house in many styles. For those who worry that a fence made of actual wood may be eaten by termites, shrink, stretch, bend or easily crack due to the weather conditions, you should use wood substitute (fibrecement) which is more durable but less expensive.
A fence made of actual wood A fence made of wood substitute (SHERA Fence)
- Cement: Cement is very popular because of its cheap price and denseness, giving the feeling of solidity and stability. Building a cement fence generally takes a long time because the technicians have to plaster it layer by layer with hands. But if you use a ready-made concrete fence from factories, it can be installed easier and quickly. However, the latter kind is highly priced. Because the solid concrete fence can make you feel confined and uncomfortable, many people prefer a mixed type such as iron and cement or cement and lath which make the house look airier.
A ready-made concrete fence A fence made of cement and lath
- Metal: The types of metal frequently used for making fences are alloy, iron and stainless steel. They are all durable but different in details. Alloy fences are luxury and delicate, but pricey; iron fences look durable but can be made into loose fences; and stainless steel feces are resistant to rust and easy to clean, but hard to paint.
An alloy fence An iron fence A stainless steel fence
3. Space and territory: before building a fence, you must check the amount of space around your house to avoid having a problem about the territory with your neighbours. According to the law, for a house that is situated on a street or in a public area, its fence must not be higher than 3 metres. And for a house of which the space covers less than 300 metres, the distance between the fence and the house must not be less than 0.5 metres. For a bigger house, the distance must be at least 1 metre in order not to disturb the neighbours in case of reparation or maintenance.
4: Feng Shui: For those who believe in Feng Shui, the fence is believed to store good fortune and protect the house from negative things. The fence should not be too high and its height should be the same all the way from one end to the other. Avoid having a fence that has rough or sharp heads pointing to the house because it can block good fortune from getting in the house or cause financial problems.
You should build a fence after the house is already built. If you do it the other way around, according to Feng Shui, it would be as if you built a prison for yourself to live in. And in fact, building it the other way around would be too difficult for you to move construction materials and tools in and out of the house.
Same height all the way from one end to the other.
Whoever has a plan to build a fence with SHERA Wood, you can look for more information, how to install it, and many designs by clicking the link below: